You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.

You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.
Unless it has raisins, then give it to somebody who likes those squishy little things.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Thumper Knows This Rule

I sure am developing a respect for Marilyn Monroe. Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike her before, I just didn't understand why people loved her so much. I know people love her because she's hot. Except for some people apparently, when I was looking for the exact quote I wanted to put here, I saw all of these famous haters that said she wasn't all that and that she hadn't any talent on quoteland that Elizabeth Hurley said "I'd kill myself if I was as fat as Marilyn Monroe." First of all, Marilyn was a size 12 in the fifties. I'm a size 12 now, which would be considerably bigger, and I don't have nearly as a good of a figure which leads me conclude that Hurley is just a big ol' jealous bag of barf.

Anyway, some director named Otto said she was a vacuum with nipples. First of all, that's not possible. Vacuums are ugly. Otto is ugly.

Rule: I don't care if you dislike someone, but don't dislike them out loud. It breeds hate, because then your enemy is free to respond, and I have to hate on the haters, and it's just awful. So just shut up. Just respect the beauty in every person, and just be nice, and then we would live in a beautiful planet which would have the potential to eliminate the need for wars and money and all of the things that make us sad. We could just all get along. I'm not going to push too hard for that, that's something they can work on after I die, because I kind of enjoy the passion of being a pacifist and my kindness wouldn't make anyone's day if it wasn't as rare as it is. That could be annoying. To be continued.


Anywhoser, I was getting sort of cold on the mid-20th century which I was so fond of, especially Audrey Hepburn. I'm just such a hipster (except not, because I hear that real hipsters would never admit such a thing) that I am magnetically repulsed by popularity, and Audrey is getting mainstream. Which reminds me:
I was thinking that if she were here today, with all of the screen print t-shirts, and general lack of class, she would be appalled to see her face on a shirt, in the costume of a role that she didn't feel was very "her" and then people point at it and say, "oh, Katherine Hepburn" (and I was all, you're an old person, why don't you know who this is?) and for the people who get it right, they say Audrey, but they don't say Holly GoLightly, which is who is really on the shirt, but it all comes down to the idea: I don't think Audrey would want us to wear her face on a shirt, if we're going to call it Audrey and not Holly, I think she would want the focus to be on people we know, people we love, ourselves. She wouldn't wear a shirt with anyone's face on it, and I think she would be most honored by us being ourselves, and respecting her.
And if that doesn't prove how much I like Audrey still, then I'll say it, I still LIKE Audrey, but the passion is gone. Our fire isn't dead, as Jack would say, but it's sure not going to cook this hot dog tonight unless we do something, as I would say.

Then I stumbled upon Marilyn Monroe. Of course I knew of her before, and I was thinking about buying this swim suit that I think people would correlate with her. I do love the era. But this picture sums that up:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Marilyn-Monroe-Posters_i847695_.htm

It's a Marilyn disguised as Audrey! Ohmygod! It's Audlyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.