You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.

You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.
Unless it has raisins, then give it to somebody who likes those squishy little things.

Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm so vain, you probably think-

It's almost like this blog is about me. Which it is. Whoa.
Mind blown.

What makes this one vain is that my opinions here are directly about me. And more specifically, my hair, and my ridiculous decision to cut it all off. Goodbye hair! Goodbye goddess like tresses! Of course, I didn't actually ever do anything with my hair when I had it, so now when it gets long again, the idea is I will have trained myself to mess with it. Because now, in order to do ANYTHING with my hair, it is an ordeal. A very frustrating ordeal. But on the plus side, it always looks cute (well, I don't know that yet, it has been like this for 26 hours.)

Anyway, today I tried to braid it.
The result: an incredibly blurry picture taken with my webcam. Who's the man? I'm female, but I'M THE MAN!
I've only recently been semi-successful with french braiding, which was necessary because there is barely any ends to put in pigtails, let alone plait. So. That's interesting. It looks cute in sepia, I think.

I was watching too many videos of Zooey D. and Regina Specktor which reminded me of Julia Roberts and Cate Blanchett and Walk the Line Reese Witherspoon and and Kate Winslet and Audrey Hepburn, all of these beautiful ladies with their long red/brunette hair. Which was a bad idea- I felt like a dunce. It's not like I intend to be a copycat, that's just how I am. And it's really hard when you hair is a foot shorter than it's supposed to be.

So with that, I have decided that it is in my copycat-thriving-self's best interest if I dyed my hair blonde for a while, so that I can copy my short-haired folk like Marilyn and Rachel McAdams and Meg Ryan (from before she went nuts with the botox and lip plumpers) and Pleasantville/Overnight Delivery's Reese Witherspoon and Renee Zwell-whatever's Roxie Hart and I feel like there are more people for both things, but I don't remember who they are right now, and honestly probably never will. 

(I will go back brown for Marion Cotilliard and Audrey Tatou, but it has to get a little longer for them. Plus they're French, so I think that they are used to the delay anyway. I wonder how annoying that must be to get all of this media so much later?)

So that's really exciting, the blonde thing. I'm excited. Plus if I over bleach, I can just cut more hair off, get it as short as it is going to get for---forever.

Note how I got my good side in the above picture. I have known about my bad side ever since I discovered this HUGE freckle thing during my childhood.
I know what you're thinking. It doesn't look that big. But you have to imagine what it was like when my head was considerably smaller, because it didn't stretch or anything. What? It DIDN'T! IT WAS HUGE! 
My single-digit self might've said it was about half the height of her ear. That may be accurate. 

So. Fun stuff.
I intend to post stuff with SOME essence of value or interest, I just didn't want to forget about my frustrations, the internal struggle. Hair is DEEP stuff, man.

Stuff stuff stuff. I said that a lot. Now I've said it more. Stuff. Does that word NOT make you want some Oreos? Double-stuf?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.