You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.

You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.
Unless it has raisins, then give it to somebody who likes those squishy little things.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

songs on the side

I put "Lady In Spain" over there, because it is currently my favorite song. I like it. I like it a lot. Anyhow, I think up of a list of music for when I commit to getting an MP3 player that I won't lose. I'm thinking one of these cheap versions called a Zen. It seems alright. So, here I go...

  • Ingrid Michaelson, obviously
  • Regina Specktor, also obviously, but I already have a lot of hers that I like
  • Some Beatles, but none of that unpopular artistic stuff-that is NOT the point of listening to older music. It's all about recognizing it.
  • So on that note- The Temptations and and Queen and The Four Seasons and "Love Train" by the O'Jays and "Build Me Up Buttercup" and "Come On (Ilene)" and "The Longest Time," stuff that mom would blast BLAST on Saturdays while we (she) cleaned like idunno... Rush? or Joni Mitchell? 
  • By the way, idunno is an official word
  • Reminder- talk about the universal amazingness of "Love Train" on commercials
  • Iron and Wine, but maybe just the Boy With The Coin video because you know the flamenco is the best part
  • Tegan and Sara
  • MGMT- Electric Feel and Time to Pretend
  • That one Modest Mouse song is (Dashboard/Float On)- I have so many songs that remind me of summer driving including some Joanna Newsom (not too much, it's too calm most of the time)
  • A touch of Noah and the Whale
  • Scala's Creep, because it's just SO creepy
  • I need to reference Grey's Anatomy, because I feel like I'm forgetting someone
  • GLEE for the classics
  • Mary Poppins? Glee should have Wicked and Singin' In the Rain all tied up, but remember those too
  • Ghosts: Band of Horses- Is There A Ghost; Stars- Dead Hearts
  • She and Him! But don't go crazy, because again too much of it drives you nuts because it's so calm
  • Some Kate Nash, some Juno soundtrack
  • RA RA RIOT! You have your faves, but still.  Too Dramatic was just perfect for the credits
  • Florence and the Machine which mainly serves to remind me of Adele, she's pretty great
  • (to be continued... I'll do some Pandora research and add stuff on...)
Also, as of today, I am 18 and 5/6!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.