You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.

You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.
Unless it has raisins, then give it to somebody who likes those squishy little things.

Friday, March 11, 2011

like, like like?

Something that I noticed, beginning around the late years of middle school, was that people were getting really loose with their use of "love." Friends used it as a farewell, while I was in the process of fitting in the "Love you, Dad," after the "okay, bye," and the hang-up. But I got used to it. And I think I like it. I think it's still a nice thing to be floating around in the air, for people to hear about themselves and the people they have enjoyed talking with.

However, this increased usage has done something to my inner dictionary. I don't trust this word anymore, I mean, it's a nice word and all... but, you know how when you've been lazy or something your mom will say stuff like "I love you, but I don't like you right now." It puts a different spin on things.

Love has always meant, but is now reduced to only meaning, "I honestly want you to be happy. I don't wish your death."
NOW, let's apply some Newton up in here, for every action-there must be an equal and opposite reaction, and I am now I big fan of the word "like" (not when it comes to Facebook statuses, or things, mind you, these definitions are only for living beings.)

Where love means, "I don't want you to die yet," like means "I don't want you to leave me."
Where love means, "I hope you can find happiness," like means, "Let ME be the one to make you happy."
You can quote me on that if you want.

But, eh. Try not to take me too seriously. I have no worldly experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.