Anyway, I knew Monroe was smart, I'd heard it somewhere, and I chose to believe it because it was a nice thing to say. And, I just didn't see much about it- the only thing I'd heard her believing in, through a quote, was high heels and being fabulous and things like that. Cool, I can get behind that, I'm a girl deep down, but I didn't want to buy her posters.
This quote made me want to buy a poster:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
Then I saw this one which is even smarter:
"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
I'll probably get a Warhol one, or hipster-one with a Helvetica quote over it. Maybe I will find a rip off of this that isn't four thousand dollars: http://www.andrewward.com/Elliott_Erwitt_Photo_MARILYN_MONROE_NEW_YORK_CITY_1956.htm
Or I could just settle for the classic, despite the fact that I didn't think the movie was all that spectacular,
The Seven Year Itch,
Oh, gosh, she said this too:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
And she talked about something that I believe people can see easier-you- without makeup; if you like makeup, whatever, I think you're beautiful without it, but I can see how you enjoy it, just like I like clothes and decoration and glitter, it's whatever,
ANYWAY: "Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world."
And there are all of these others, wonderful things that she said, that aren't too proud of themselves or too humble, and they're just so true to her self or at least what I know of her (this so strips away any misconception of falsehood I might've had,) and all of these quotes would make this two miles long.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.