You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.

You should EAT the cookie, stopping crumbs dead in their tracks.
Unless it has raisins, then give it to somebody who likes those squishy little things.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Birds

So. I was walking along today... as anyone with legs and the ability to mobilize them is wont to do. And let me tell you, it is just beautiful outside. BEAUTIFUL. The birds were chirping, the wind is breezing, and I have that skip in my step that just screams out to the world about my delightful breakfast beverage (whipped cream with some hot chocolate on the bottom)...

Anywhoser. It's just the epitome of lovely out.
And I'm walking along.
The birds be chirpin'.

Yeah... you ever look at a bird up close?
 
For your own sake- I hope not.

 Because they are SUPER creepy. Those chirping, cheeping, annoying little things with wings are scary. I was admiring one such bird's plumage on my walk today. It's so shiny, and black looking, but not really black, it's got a whole rainbow of jewel-tones hidden away in it. It's like a Poe mixed with a tiny little tropical paradise in the middle of a Nebraskan sidewalk.
Then, you see it actually chirp.
 
You can't hear it, because it's not beautiful. It's frightening. It makes you want to break out in a dead sprint. Because they stop pecking at there little early-wormed ground, completely glued to the spot, their beak opens and their little bird neck puffs out and they squawk.


It doesn't sound like much but-- it is in that moment that you know this is possible:



They CAN. And they, most likely, especially if you watch a lot of crime dramas where the body is left in a field, WILL eat your freakin' face off.

With that lovely sentiment, I bid y'all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.