11:37P - 10:32A
This was last night's dream, the night of the 20th going on the 21st of April in 2011. I was actually in this dream. I think that the person walking around, the protagonist- if you will, was actually me, and not someone just close enough to me to be identifiable as me- but me, Katie Lyon, with all of my quirks and normalcies. The actual dream I think was really long, but I remember one part that I really want to go back to...
I was walking around the downstairs of Neihardt, my residence hall, and there's all these rooms for student congregations down there, one with really comfy velvety couches, and the one across from it- all parlor-y with a piano. Anyway, I was strolling, and I decided to take a scenic detour through the piano room. There were like five people already in there, four sitting on a couch, or on the floor in front of the couch (a couch, which thinking about that room in comparison to the actual room, does not actually exist) and the other guy sitting on a chair across from them (an armless parlor chair that does exist, but in greater quantities than it did in the dream parlor (the dream parlor didn't even have the piano, I don't think.))
The guy sitting in the chair had his eyes closed, and was pointing to people, as a part of a game where he was "it," like some version of Mafia and Pictionary all rolled up into a game that I don't really understand as a conscious person. He was making up this senario for the person he was pointing to, then would include others by pointing to them, so after finishing his sentence pointing to this one girl (with really great hair), his arm traveled right, where none of his friends were sitting, but I was still standing, watching. His friends were so entertained by the fact that he had decided to include an invisible person in their game, that they didn't say anything. I was entertained by being included at all, so I played along as well as I could as someone who isn't supposed to do anything, and I walked closer to the group. I couldn't tell you the details, but the guy kept going, and it eventually got to the point where I was supposed to say something to keep playing along, and it seemed logical that I say it with a fake accent that sounded vaguely South American.
He figured out that this whole time he'd been pointing at someone not in his group, and he smirked. There was a pause in my speech, and he jumped in to ask something, adding that I should stop with the accent. I already had stopped with the accent, and having said a few things in my normal voice, I told him that I wasn't speaking with an accent anymore, then answered his question. His friends remained entertained by the chance of it all, and told me to sit down. I sat. I guess that round of the game was over, the guy opened his eyes and lounged back.
Our faces at some point got really close, like in a really intense staring contest, but I blink too much for the standard staring contest, so I don't think that was it. It was pretty much over after that.
I don't remember any details or any of my other dreams from this morning, but I do remember that it was really nice to meet those people, even though it is possible that I didn't learn their names. It was disappointing when I realized I hadn't met them at all. Maybe one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.