That's what I want to do. I want to be a secretary when I grow up. I know it doesn't look like it, but I am SO organized, in my brain, there are little file cabinets of things. I have never watched Mad Men, but could this:
be so bad? I think not. They look dapper. I want to look dapper, answer the phone and the door, get coffee, and not give a shit about money ALL OF THE FREAKIN TIME. I want to care about money because I wish I had a little more, so that I could afford to get Mom a clawfoot tub (that's the only thing left, really) by her birthday, not two months after her birthday. I am perfectly okay with that. I could be good at money but I certainly don't want to be. It's icky. It's dirty. I refuse to be associated with it. Unless it wants to be associated with me. In which case, who am I to refuse it's company? I'm not so high and mighty, after all. I'm just a secretary.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for posting a comment. It's very nice of you.